Darlene Marshall BS
Goldsboro, North Carolina USA
At an early age I "played school" and soon realized my dream was to be a teacher. I truly believe God honored my dream by calling me into the ministry of teaching. I received my degree and began my teaching career in 1984. I have been blessed to teach in the public, Christian, homeschool and online setting. Seeing the look on the faces of my students or hearing the excitement in their voices as they experience their "I get it!" moment is truly one of the greatest joys of my life. Young people need encouragement and direction in reaching their educational goals. It is my desire to help them reach their highest levels of achievement by instructing them with excellence and enthusiasm.
Bachelor of Science: Secondary Education/Bible/English Welch College – Nashville, TN May 1984
Seasoned veteran teacher with more than 30 years’ of experience including homeschool, Christian school, and online classrooms. Excellent speaking and writing skills. Motivated leader with strong organizational and prioritization abilities.
- Skilled provider of Education and Training
- English language instruction
- Native Speaker of American English
- Active Listening
- Excellent people skills; warm, nurturing, and affirming
ESL teacher, Dreyer International Academy/Dreyer Coaching – Vinton, VA April 2014-present
- Adapt teaching methods and instructional materials to meet students’ varying needs, abilities, and interests.
- Observe and evaluate students’ work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Instruct students individually and in groups, using various teaching methods such as discussions, and demonstrations.
Teacher, Marshall Academy (homeschool) – Goldsboro, NC Aug 2009-May 2013
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Plan, evaluate, and revise curricula, course content, course materials, and methods of instruction.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
Middle School Teacher, Faith Christian Academy – Goldsboro, NC Aug 2000-May 2009
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects, such as English, Bible, or History.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.